LOG HOUSE TO OPEN
FOR 2014 SEASON
11887 LEBANON ROAD - MEADE TOWNSHIP PARK
STARTING IN MAY - WE ARE OPEN
1ST & 3RD WEEKENDS OF THE MONTH
1 TO 3 PM
CAMP DENNISON, OH
Here is your chance to
visit this historic schoolhouse
built in 1863.
PLEASE JOIN US
Our Society is fortunate to have Phil Trickey, operator of the Trickey Forge in Camp Dennison as a Society member. Mr. Trickey provided visitors last year with outstanding demonstrations on period metal working by producing several beautifully finished metal items from raw bar stock.
The first step is to heat the forge
untill the coals are red hot.
Next, the raw metal bar stock is heated. The
color of the metal tells the blacksmith when
the metal is ready for forming.
The hammer - the anvil - the wedge
are the tools of the trade.
The metal is heated, formed, re-heated,
and re-formed until the object (in this
a metal cross) begins to take shape.
After each "heat" the hammer and
the anvil are used to form the metal
The final product ....
Phil has many great hand forged items
for sale and can be contacted at:
7879 Camp Road
Camp Dennison, OH 45111